Monday, September 10, 2012

Washington D.C. Monuments

This past weekend, my husband Eric and I spent a long weekend in Washington, D.C. Here are a few of my images of the major monuments.  A wonderful place .. Bring your walking shoes!
Nikon D300S with Nikkor 18-200 mm lens.  Not my best lens for clarity, but sufficient for the task at hand.

Taken just after sunset.  The camera read this blue, not my eyes.  Liked the effect, so kept it as is.  ISO 3200, F/4.5, handheld at 1/10s.  One of those few times when I wish I'd brought my tripod.

Our Country's capitol.  We also toured the adjoining (via tunnel) Library of Congress.  Not to be missed.

The White House.

Jefferson Memorial in soft light.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial

The Korean War Memorial features 19 soldiers whose images are reflected in the granite wall seen in the background.  The wall is sandblasted with photos of the soldiers lost.  Very moving.

Soldiers monument at the Vietnam War Memorial.

Proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment