Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pasadena CA on a quiet Thursday

My husband Eric and I recently returned from a 9-day trip out west.  Here are a few photos from our first destination, Pasadena CA.  Rather than lug my heavy 70-200 mm lens, I opted instead to take my "walk around" Nikkor lens, the 18-200mm, paired with my D300s body.  The glass is not so great and the images not so sharp, but since this wasn't a paying job, it worked fine for posting photos online and for preparing photo books.   (Click on any photo to enlarge).

This sweeping staircase was a block or so away from the Pasadena Convention Center.
The shopping area recently passed its 10-year mark on the store leases.  I was told that some of the larger name stores left and the mall is still working on regaining customer traffic.  Since there were so few people walking around, I felt like I had the whole place to myself .. Paradise!
Telephone lines and road signs are the bane of all photographers.  To get his shot, I walked several blocks toward the mountains.  On the way, I discovered the gorgeous Pasadena City Hall, below.
Pasadena City Hall with the pair of otters playing in the fountain in the foreground.  Click here to see a 360 panoramic view of the City Hall.
I'm still editing all the photos from this trip, close to 1,000 frames.  Next up will be the marvelous gardens of Filoli, in the South Bay.

To view my website, click here .. and to become a fan of my FaceBook page, please visit here.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment