Sunday, June 12, 2011

Glen Rock Community School Spring Ballet Concert

Saturday, I enjoyed photographing the 30th Annual Spring Ballet Concert for Patch.com.  The performance, under the direction of Denise Piccino, featured her artfully choreographed dances, "Music of the Spheres", "The Elements", "Masques", and "Alice in Wonderland".
Shot with Nikon D300s and Nikkor 70-200mm VRII lens. ISO 500, f/2.8 @ 1/320s

The shoot was a challenge .. This was a low-light, fast action shoot with flash not permitted.  My test shots taken at a high ISO yielded too much grain, so I backed off on the ISO, and worked with shutter priority and in RAW.  With significant time in post, I got the images I was after.
I just love her expression.

These children were so joyful!


Wonderful dancing and acting.  Glen Rock has many talented residents!
Link to all 51 photos are posted here, on Glen Rock Patch. 

Click here for Proof Positive Photography website.

No comments:

Post a Comment