Thursday, January 10, 2013

Twilight Photography

When my photography work slows down each winter, I take an online course through PPSOP, the Perfect Picture School of Photography.  I highly recommend their format and assignments.  The site was founded by author Bryan Peterson, author of Understanding Exposure and other "must have" photography books.  Click here to see courses. 

I'm now taking "Photography After Dark", taught by Kevin Adams and Donna Easton. This first week we studied how to capture images in the 15-20 minute window of time just after the sun goes down. I love the inky blue skies!  These were taken at the Ridgewood NJ train station on Monday evening with my Nikon D7000, Nikkor 18-105mm lens and tripod.
 ISO 200, f/11 @ 1/3s

ISO 800, f/5.6 @ .5s

Three more weeks to go .. Can't wait to see what we'll be doing next.  To view my NEWLY REVISED website, click here .. and to become a fan of my FaceBook photography page, please visit here.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment