Friday, August 20, 2010

Time off to heal – Foot surgery

On Wednesday, August 18, I went under the knife to (hopefully) correct a bunionectomy gone bad in 2000.  For 10 years, I’ve been coping with a bent right toe, a compromised gait, and hassles finding comfortable shoes.   (Of course I took "before" photos of my foot, but I'll spare you).

Just today, I was able to put some weight on the heel after enduring a 2-hour surgery to break and fuse the big toe in a straight position by way of a metal pin through the bones.  For the next 6 weeks, I’ll be wearing a surgical boot to immobilize the foot as the bones fuse.  So, my photography will necessarily be limited until early October.

In the meantime, as soon as I can make it down to my stained glass studio, I’ll be working on Van Gogh’s “Starry Night”, a 21" x 27"  stained glass window for our office. Please see my blog here.

1 comment: